This software provides a complete plug and play iOT system requiring minimal setup and configuration; from physical sensory inputs and relay output devices to industrial strength Ladder Logic programming and control algorithms to Cloud based User Interfaces on any web connected device.
- Download ionware image (xz)
- Use Etcher to burn image to your sd card (SanDisk recommended).
- In sd card ‘Boot(E):’ folder edit openhabian.conf text file to your local Internet wifi SSID and PSK passwords
NB:You may also need to edit and add wpa_supplicant.conf text file to folder with your country settings; UK, EU, US etc as follows ..
ssid=”YOUR LOCAL WIFI NETWORK”
- Eject sd card and insert into rpi3 (not supplied) and USB and Serial cable connect to ionC1 controller board then power up complete system.
- After a few minutes check on your local router/modem for Openhabian device is wifi connected and note ip address.
- Use Putty (or Terminal in Mac) to ssh into Linux command line and login using following
username = openhabian
password = openhabian
be sure to change these login credentials to your chosen password and keep safe.
- You can check installation progress with $openhab-cli showlogs (Ctrl c to cancel)
- Allow approx. 5 to 10 mins for ionware software to install. (The RS485 Red LED will come on when completed.)
- Then check using; Your ip eg 192.168.1.8:8180/statssystem.html
- Allow a further 10 to 20 mins for Openhabian OS to completely install
- Then check using; Your ip eg 192.168.1.8:8080
- Finished! .. Check out Learn iOT for further information and tutorials.